Sunday, June 21, 2009

Early stage of rainy season -- roses, roses, roses --

The temperature of Nagasaka Highland, where my second house is located, is low in the early time of the rainy season. Even so, trimming of our terriers can be carried out in the garden being blown by the comfortable highland breeze during the short sunny moments between the rains.

Not too hot, nor too cold, this time of the year may be a suitful season for outdoor trimming along with the seasons of tender green and colored leaves, except for rather high humidity.
In the garden of my second house, roses entertain us with successive flowers of the season. I have 8 rose trees, and when I visited there this weekend, all the roses were blooming.
  
"Princess of Wales"
In 1997 just before the passing of Princess Diana, Queen Elizabeth II a rose grower to name a new white rose "Princess of Wales", admiring Princess Diana's activities on British Lung Foundation over ten years, under the condition that a portion of the revenue from the new rose be donated to the Foundation. As this episode happened close to the tragedic death of the Princess Diana, many people would misunderstand that the rose was created after her death as a commemoration.
Although there must have been many flowers blooming before our arrival to the second house, only one greeted us showing faded flowers and fallen petals on the ground.
  Pink rose, the name of which is not known to me. Until last year, the rose would show more whitish flowers, but this year as it was better fertilized the color of the flowers got much better.
  I do not know the name of this rose either, or I should say that I do not know the names of all the roses in my garden except for "Princess of Wales", which I bought myself. This rose is one of the oldest in my garden blooming since I built the second house ten years ago. Every year I feel scared if this rose has die down, but it revives like this.
  This rose also has existed since the building of the second house. As Annabelle has expanded to the original location of this rose and has spoiled the sun shine, I replanted it to the current location, where the rose can enjoy plenty of the touch of the sun.
There are two trailing roses in the garden. This photo shows one of them, which is located in the middle of the garden. The first wooden frame has decayed down and I placed a frame of a rack for flower pots to entwine the rose shoots.
Another trailing rose in front of the wood deck of the house. It blows lovely tiny flowers.
There are two more mini roses in the garden, of which the photos are skipped.
As we visit the second house on the every other week basis, the roses shown above should look ill-treated, but even the neglected roses try hard on their own ability to bloom beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment